Courier update Tuesday 13th October
- The Auckland region is currently experiencing delays of up to 5 working days for deliveries. This is due to restrictions of social distancing, restricted workforce, businesses being closed, safety protocols and an increase in freight moving in and out of the region. This is adding additional pressures on our Courier Franchisees & depot staff, and we appreciate your understanding as we navigate these pressures.
Waikato + Northland
- Our Waikato and Northland teams are currently operating under Alert Level 3 restrictions, and are experiencing delays of up to one working day.
Rest of New Zealand
- The rest of the Aramex network is currently experiencing delivery delays of up to 1 working day.
Rural Freight - Update
Our Rural Delivery service providers have advised that there are currently delays within the rural sector and will be limiting the injection of freight from Monday 4th October.
With these limitations we are expecting additional delays, currently, the Auckland region is experiencing up to 5 days delay, while the rest of New Zealand (except for the Waikato) are experiencing 2-3 days delay for deliveries.
With the Waikato moving to Alert Level 3 we are expecting there to be an increase in delays and will keep you updated throughout the week. The delay for Waikato is currently 2 - 3 days.
We recommend that where possible, customers do not send rural items into the Auckland or Waikato regions.
+COVID-19 - Delivery
We have had to make changes to our delivery schedule. We have been advised by the courier that we still need to allow 2-3 days for delivery to the South Island.
We have always been contactless and will remain so
We thank you for your support at this time, as a small NZ business like ourselves, we hope you will continue to support local where possible.
Most importantly take care, stay safe and remember
Enjoy every sweet moment
The price of your Candybox covers everything - this includes a funky little card, packaging, standard courier delivery anywhere in New Zealand and GST....
(If someone lives in a remote part of this paradise we call NZ & there isn’t a rural delivery ‘RD’ in the address, you need to let us know so we can get your Candybox to the courier and to allow the extra time it takes to get to remote destinations. We know where all the candy in the world is, but not all of the intricacies of NZ geography)
Standard Delivery information:
The courier picks up the Candyboxes just after 11.00am every weekday (except public holidays). If you order individual❅ Candyboxes before 11.00am and your delivery address is around a main centre, your Candybox should arrive the next business day - please read all the notes below if timely delivery is important to your order.
*That's the Next Business Day and those of you whose delivery address is in the more remote corners of this glorious country of ours (Rural delivery), will need to allow a couple more days for packages to arrive (a small price to pay for living in that corner of paradise).
❅South Island only - one or two Candyboxes can be delivered the next business day, three or more Candyboxes ordered to the same address in the South Island can take an extra day as they are unable to be air freighted under the arrangement we have with Aramex Couriers.
Here are some things to note...
- We deliver to the whole of New Zealand, but not outside New Zealand.
- We don’t deliver on Saturdays, Sundays or public holidays, e.g. if you order on Friday your box will be delivered after the weekend. (Don't forget those regional anniversary weekends)
- We use Aramex Couriers.
- We can’t deliver to PO Boxes
- Deliveries to Apartments - ensure the courier can gain access to leave with reception or in a mail box, some apartments are secured and couriers can't deliver parcels.
- Use the handy additional notes at check out to tell us anything extra like a specific delivery date
- Candybox cannot guarantee the courier service, the next business day delivery is the courier service we've purchased but it involves hundreds of people, trucks, planes, vans and traffic and sometimes there is a delayed parcel. We generally get a 97% next day delivery rate with Fastway, unfortunately, there is still 3% which get delayed.
- Please contact us if your gift is date sensitive - we have a myriad of ways to ensure even if your gift is delivered late - they will know you were prepared and sent it on time!
While we guarantee to get your Candybox on the courier in time, we cannot be held responsible for a Candybox arriving late through no fault of our own (e.g late courier drop off) - so we don't offer refunds in this situation. We think that's pretty fair and we hope you do, too.
If you’ve got a question, just flick us an email.